As an EMDRIA Approved Consultant, I provide EMDR consultation to clinicians at the Basic Training level, those who are pursuing EMDRIA Certification, and EMDR Certified Therapists in the United States and Canada since 2018.
If you are not yet trained in EMDR but would like to be, click here for a schedule of upcoming EMDRIA-Approved EMDR Basic Trainings offered by EMDR Consulting.
EMDR Certification is a one- to two-year process requiring an additional 20 hours of consultation beyond the 10 hours needed to complete your Basic Training. The current standards for certification set by EMDRIA (EMDR International Association) including:
· Holding a license to practice independently as a mental health care provider.
· Complete an EMDRIA-Approved Basic Training, including 10 hours of consultation.
· Conduct a minimum of 50 EMDR sessions with at least 25 different clients.
· Complete 20 hours of consultation with an EMDRIA Approved Consultant.
· Complete 12 hours of EMDRIA continuing education.
· Provide one letter of recommendation from your EMDRIA Approved Consultant.
· Provide two letters of recommendation from peer colleagues.
Visit www.emdria.org to learn more about certification.
Even after becoming a Certified EMDR Therapist, do you find that you would benefit from ongoing consultation to staff tough cases, continue to consult about different techniques and strategies, and maintain contact with a consultation group? I also offer post-certification consultation packages and individual sessions for Certified EMDR Therapists who are continuing to refine their skills in order to give their clients the best treatment possible.
Contact me for more information about getting started with EMDR consultation.